Please do not, at a Christmas gathering, tell friends or relatives who have lost everything and are one flu or flat tire away from homelessness that they have to be careful about consumption choices.
.
I am not consuming anything but the cheapest generic food, gas to get to work, and rent and gas/electric. I have nothing else. I lost my good job and have a crappy one. I lost my house. I spent my 401k trying to save the house and then paying for my child's very expensive emergency surgery and hospital stay that happened right after my COBRA ran out.
.
You have a govt pension and a house that is paid for. I have nothing and will have to work until I can't anymore and then, what? Live in my car, if lasts that long? In a shelter? Kill myself. Those are my only options.
.
So shut the fuck up and enjoy the bottle of wine I gave you, which was the only present I got and which I regifted to you. Just shut up.
Just saw your comment at AOSHQ, and thought I should take a peek.
ReplyDeleteMy only comment is that you gave the wine to the wrong people. They should have been honored to get it.
Come over to AOSHQ. There are some interesting people and conversations, and it's a place to vent some of your frustrations -- and maybe get some good advice in return. And you can certainly help other people who may be in similar situations!
Thank you Daniel. I'm really at the end of my rope. So thank you,
ReplyDeleteI know it is rough,I've been there and may never fully recover.But as they say "you must play the hand you are dealt"
ReplyDeleteYou didn't ask for advice,but here is some anyway.(1) Believe in God, the power of prayer is awesome.(2)Stop the worry,all the worry in the world won't change one single thing,it is only a waste of time and energy.(3)Eliminate negative people and attitudes from your life.
One other thing Penny do not concern yourself with what others may have,just(though it may be hard at first). Just love yourself and your child.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jack. You're right. It's scary to be approaching retirement age and to have lost everything, but I'll be okay one way or another. In the big scheme of things, being old and poor in the US is 1000 times better than being old and poor most other places. :-)
ReplyDelete